Further to the Government’s guidance on protection from COVID-19, Leighton Road Surgery will be offering COVID-19 BOOSTER VACCINES at the Grovebury site on the 5th of January 2022 and every Wednesday following for 6 weeks.
A booster will strengthen your protection from covid-19 and give you the best possible defence because two doses are not enough.
Kindly note that the COVID-19 Booster vaccine is only for patients who are registered at the practice.
- 5th January 2022: 8:30am – 6pm
- 12th January 2022: 8:30am – 6pm
- 19th January 2022: 8:30am – 6pm
- 26th January 2022: 8:30am – 6pm
Please check on our website for updates on the February 2022 vaccination dates. To ensure the smooth running of the service:
- Please arrive promptly. There is no need to wait after you have been vaccinated.
- If possible, arrange for private transport or ask friends/family to help.
- Please do not attend the centre if you are not registered at the practice or have not received a message that you are eligible for a booster vaccine.
- The deliveries of vaccines are strictly limited, and the Centre can only vaccinate those who have self-booked via the IT portal or are eligible and have been booked and offered an appointment by the practice.
- Some of the appointments on the day and some blood drop clinics have been rearranged to allow for space for vaccination.
Any patient who has not yet had their 1st and 2nd COVID vaccination will be ineligible for a booster vaccination on the day.
However, patients can book to attend their local Mass Vaccination Site (nearest at Bletchley, Dunstable, and Wing) by telephoning 119 or visiting the government website at: www.nhs.uk/coronavirus-vaccination
The surgery is also seeking volunteers from our registered patients to assist in the COVID-19 Booster Vaccination Programme. Please get in touch to register your interest.