BLEVEC has a team of volunteers available to support those you may have concerns about, particularly if they have had their services and support disrupted or delayed.
Purpose of welfare checks:
- To make contact with the individual whose services and support have been disrupted, or you have a concern about their wellbeing, particularly out of hours
- To check their physical wellbeing – are there any urgent needs
- To check their emotional/mental state and provide general emotional support
- To identify any urgent needs and alert the relevant statutory service to follow up
- Bedfordshire Police, Bedfordshire Fire & Rescue Control Rooms
- East of England Ambulance Service Control Room – for Bedfordshire situations
- Local Authorities – social care, housing etc.
- East London NHS Foundation Trust – mental health services
- Housing Associations – wellbeing of tenants
- GPs/Medical centres; NHS services – community nurses, outpatients etc
- Other BLRF partners
The agency making the request should inform the service user/patient/person of concern that a volunteer from BLEVEC will contact them to check they are ok or have any urgent needs.
Requests should be made by email to Robert Labe, BLEVEC Commander:
Welfare Check Request
Name of person to be contacted:
Circumstances if known:
Time period: within which a call is to be made ideally: